The maybe most popular and known art of doing nothing is meditation. With meditation, you are focussing on your mind, so that you are disconnecting from the world around you. You are getting yourself into a state of calm and focus, that is relieving stress. In the beginning, you maybe think that it's not worth it. And yes, you will not see instant results. Meditating is a progressive process of learning and getting better. But as soon you are getting better and better you will notice a lot of differences. You become calmer and have less stress. If you want to learn how to meditate and you are still a beginner, check out the following starting steps & tips:
10 easy steps to learn meditation
- Start slowly
- Focus on your breath
- Built a habit
- You can't do anything wrong
- Develop awareness of yourself
- Love yourself
- Be curious
- Watch your thoughts
- Try different meditation methods/classes
- Use tools like apps, music, books to get better
Top 3 meditation apps
- Headspace - Meditation & features for a good & healthy sleep.
- Calm - The market leader, is made for beginners and intermediate.
- Insight Timer - Lots of value for not much money.
A powerful way to get some stress away from you. Go for a walk, on your bike or go for a run. Leave your phone at home. We want no distractions. Seek out for unoccupied paths where you are alone and just be with you. Maybe you know a perfect spot in the mountains, where you can just be with yourself and have a seat. Let the sun shine on your face and body and just relax. Think about nothing and just rest. Maybe if you are alone you can also try to meditate. Tips on that above in this article.
Relaxing & Sleep
Sleep is probably the most underrated human activity. Most people think a good sleep isn't important. But the opposite is the case. A good sleep is important for a good health. Your body will be thankful for it. Following a few true facts you should know:
- The need for sleep varies according to your age
- Sleeping on the side is the best sleeping position
- In each night humans are going through 4 stages of sleep
- The most common sleep disorder is insomnia
- Your diet can affect your sleep
- Snoring is more than just a minor nuisance, visit your doctor for a check up
- Sleeping apps like Headspace or Calm can help you to get a better sleep
- Track your sleep with a sleep tracker to improve
- Optimal sleeping conditions are a must (temperature, bed, pillow and blanket...)
As you can see now, there are a lot of ways to do nothing. Just to be with your mind and fade out the outer world. Comment below if you have any questions or experiences with doing nothing.
If you want to follow us for more stories and insights on minimalism, join us on Twitter @WithlessBlog, Facebook @withlessblog or on TikTok @withless.blog. If you want to support what we do hit the button in the right corner and subscribe. 🖤
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.